Security has been a top priority for eLynx since its founding in 1994. We understand that security is more than just a buzzword to our customers—it is a business and regulatory imperative, especially when it comes to customer data. eLynx goes to great lengths to ensure that customer data and privacy is protected. Comprehensive physical security, data encryption, multi-factor user authentication, standard-setting security practices and certifications are all part of eLynx’s ongoing commitment to security.
SSAE 16 is an enhancement to the current standard for reporting on security controls at a Service Organization, the SAS70. These changes bring companies like eLynx up to date with new international reporting standards, and are now required starting June 15, 2011.
Every year, eLynx undergoes a third-party audit/certification procedure on our security program to guarantee security processes are documented, effective and compliant. A complete copy of this report, a SSAE 16 certification, may be obtained under NDA from your eLynx Sales Manager.
At all eLynx facilities, physical security is of paramount importance in safeguarding our clients’ confidential data and maintaining a secure network infrastructure.
- All employees must pass a thorough background screening.
- Employees adhere to strict guidelines concerning access to customer information, workstation security, document disposal and visitor security.
- Employee facility access is controlled via RID access cards; access is monitored constantly and audited regularly.
- Only those employees that require physical or logical access to database servers are granted that access. All data and network access and activity is logged, monitored and audited regularly.
eLynx incorporates industry standard security features to protect your documents, including:
- 128 bit SSL encryption for document uploads from your LOS
- 128 bit SSL encryption for all user access over the web
- All recipient access through the eLynx network is conducted through strict recipient authentication protocols, ensuring that data is only retrieved by intended recipients.
- eLynx has pioneered the practice of print stream capture, ensuring that data cannot be accessed or altered by unintended recipients.
- No requirements to allow inbound connections into your network
- All files are encrypted and password-protected and sent over secure connections
- No customer data is ever delivered via email, eliminating the risk of misdirected, altered or stolen information.
- Adjustable password restriction policies
- Document security is managed using state-of-the-art multi-tiered firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems.
Beyond security, eLynx products and services are designed to comply with all legislative requirements that dictate your company’s data control procedures, including:
- Sarbanes Oxley
- ISO/IEC 27001